Sorry for the silence the last couple of days — it’s been one of those weeks, I’ve got posts scheduled for early next week though.
Here are the odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye this week. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- 13 Books To Read Before They Become Movies In 2016 — a handy list for those who prefer to read before watching.
- A Good Man is Hard to Write: In Defense of the Heroic Male Ideal — Liesl Schillinger pens a thoughtful piece over at Electric Lit (home of many thoughtful pieces).
- Fight Breakdown: Connecting Mindset with Character and Action — this was a great breakdown of a scene from Gemini Cell
- And here’s Myke Cole’s response: Unintended consequences
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- The Last Dream Keeper by Amber Benson — the second Witches of Echo Park novel looks to step-up the danger and stakes.
- Steal the Sky by Megan E. O’Keefe — The Scorched Continent Book One. This one looks like the The Gentleman Bastards meets Firefly meets…some other really cool things. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.
Wow! Five new followers this week? I’d like to welcome all of you: Stuart M. Perkins , laydenrobinson , Mildew Fairy Reads, Jayme B , and Jessica Manuel — thanks for following! Make yourself at home, make some noise (just don’t use my books as coasters).