Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- What I’m really thinking: the failed novelist — what a whiny, entitled piece. I actually have a lot more I want to say (like everyone online who’s read this), but I think Joe Zieja probably summed up the reactions best in his post.
- The Longest Winter: Or Why It Took Me 15 Years to Finish My Novel Max Winter wasn’t writing in reaction to the Guardian piece, but he might as well have.
- Coming Soon: Shadow Ops: Reawakening Nocturnal Media announces a miniature based strategy board game based on Myke Cole’s Shadow Ops novels!
- The Dresden Files – A Wizard And The World Around Him — I’m not sure I can disagree with this
- The 20 Most Popular Books Throughout History — from Electric Lit
- This Week’s New Release that I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- Bound by Benedict Jacka — yahoo! The 8th Alex Verus novel is here — the worst thing I can say about the last two books I’ve read is that they’ve blocked me from this one (library due dates and whatnot). There are few (2, maybe 3) Urban Fantasy series out there as compelling as this one — if you haven’t tried them, you really should.