It’s hard with work right now, but given COVID-19, Sheltering at Home—and a (no kidding!) Earthquake in Idaho (of all places)—man, I need books to escape to and lose myself in. So I’m pretty glad that despite everything going on in the world and my life, I somehow managed to finish one more book than last month—18—with 4903+ pages (one was an Audible Original, so I have no idea what the page count would be) with an average rating of 3.94. I’m guessing that’s 500 pages less than Feb, even with the higher book count. Still, not too shabby.
So, anyway, here’s what happened here in March.
“Traditionally” Published: 12
Self-/Independent Published: 6
|Genre||This Month||Year to Date|
|Children’s||0 (0%)||1 (2%)|
|Fantasy||0 (0%)||7 (13%)|
|General Fiction/ Literature||0 (0%)||3 (6%)|
|Horror||0 (0%)||0 (0%)|
|Humor||0 (0%)||1 (2%)|
|Mystery/ Suspense/ Thriller||9 (50%)||20 (37%)|
|Non-Fiction||1 (6%)||3 (6%)|
|Science Fiction||2 (11%)||5 (9%)|
|Steampunk||0 (0%)||0 (0%)|
|Theology/ Christian Living||3 (17%)||4 (7%)|
|Urban Fantasy||3 (17%)||11 (20%)|
- House on Fire by Joseph Finder: Out for Vengeance, Heller Takes on a Pharmaceutical Giant
- Venators: Magic Unleashed (Audiobook) by Devri Walls, Daniel Thomas May: This Introduction to a Fantasy Series Continues to Entertain on my Third Time Through
- Catch-Up Quick Takes: The Tattooed Potato and Other Clues by Ellen Raskin; Bloody Acquisitions (Audiobook) by Drew Hayes, Kirby Heyborne; Dark Harvest Magic (Audiobook) by Jayne Faith, Amy Landon
- Avenge the Dead by Jackie Baldwin: Past Mistakes and Crimes Come Back to Haunt Dumfries
- The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling by Henry Fielding: BOOK IV., i.-iv.
- Madam Tulip and the Serpent’s Tree by David Ahern: It Made me Happy to See that Derry and her Fortune-Telling Alter-Ego are Back
- The Starr Sting Scale by C.S. O’Cinneide: Gritty, Violent, Full of Heart. You’re gonna dig this one!
- False Value by Ben Aaronovitch: Peter Grant Gets a New Job and a Great Series Gets Better
- Dead Wrong by Noelle Holten: A Detective Struggles to Prove She Made the Right Arrest with Lives on the Line
- The In Between (Audiobook) by Michael Landweber, Brittany Pressley (Narrator), Mark Boyett (Narrator): When the Unthinkable Happens, What’s a Parent to Do?
- The K Team by David Rosenfelt: A New PI Trio Takes a Bite Out of Crime
- Joker by Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo (Illustrator): One night in Gotham and the tough guys tumble
- A Few Quick Thoughts about The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (Audiobook) by Stuart Turton, James Cameron Stewart
- The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling by Henry Fielding: BOOK IV., v.-viii.
- The Awful Truth About the Sushing Prize by Marco Ocram: Metaficton, Murders, and Tom Cruise, Oh My!
- Back to Reality: A Novel (Audiobook) by Mark Stay & Mark Oliver, Kim Bretton: A Parallel Universe/Body Swap Story Story Full of Laughs and Heart
- The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling by Henry Fielding: BOOK IV., ix.-xiv.
- Everyday Prayer with John Calvin by Donald K. McKim: A helpful, but not overly-interesting devotional
- Classic Spenser: God Save the Child by Robert B. Parker
- Thoughts at the beginning of March
- Down the TBR Hole (3 of 24+)
- A Few Quick Questions With…Noelle Holten and Michael Landweber (a repeat customer!)
- Top 5 Saturday: Trilogies
- The Inside and Out Book Tag
- WWW Wednesday for March 11, 2020; March 18, 2020; and March 25
How was your month? I hope you are all safe, healthy and finding solace in something right now.