Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- A new theory could solve the mystery of ‘Mark Twain’ — Frankly, didn’t realize there was a mystery. Guess I swallowed a line of nonsense back in grade school and didn’t bother to take another look at it since. Anyway, interesting story about one of the All-Time Greats
- Why You Should Find Time With Your Favorite Authors — very nice piece. Makes me regret not getting my boys to see Brandon Mull a couple months back all the more.
- Why I love Lee Child’s Jack Reacher novels — a Reacher fan comes out of the closet
- Books, Games, Art, and Awesome…. — Patrick Rothfuss talks about great way to pick up a fun UF read (Anton Strout’s Stonecast) and help out a great charity. Normally I’d suggest doing that through your local independent shop — like Rediscovered Books of Boise — but Barnes & Noble will give a little more if you pre-order through them (scroll to the bottom of this post for details)
- Never Go Back by Lee Child — I’m so close to catching up with this series. Am 3 away from this.
- The Exodus Towers by Jason M. Hough — the sequel to The Darwin Elevator.
- Clean Burn by Karen Sandler — sounds promising, and disturbing.
- Blood Bound by Jeanne C. Stein — we’re nearing the end of Anna’s saga. Not sure how I feel about that.
- Chosen by Benedict Jacka — been too long since I got to spend time with Verus — one of the best UF series around. And Jacka’s The Big Idea post this week makes me even more eager for this one.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon: