Odds ‘n ends over the last week or so about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Skin Game Book Trailer — io9 premiered this yesterday. Not that I needed the encouragement to buy the next Dresden Files, but it whet my appetite just a little more.
- Close-reading Jennifer Weiner: Let’s give the best-selling author the serious, critical read she demands — I’d quibble with some of what’s said here — more than some, probably. And I think this writer has some sort of chip on her shoulder. Still, Weiner wants people to write about her work this way, this is a good start.
- 10 Words Every Book Lover Should Know — yeah, a few of these apply to me.
- What Your Reading Rules Reveal About Your Personality — fun little piece from BookRiot
- Looking For a Light at the End of GrimDark? Check Out These 13 Life-Affirming Fantasies — Leah Schnelbach gives a nice reminder that not every fantasy has to read like something from George R. R. Martin or Joe Abercrombie (nothing against them, I assure you)
- I’m sure there were plenty of good books released this week, but I didn’t notice any of them, because for me, there’s only one:
- Robert B. Parker’s Cheap Shot by Ace Atkins — Atkins’ 3rd outing at the helm of this series, and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Sadly, couldn’t find time this week. Another week will not pass without that being fixed. Read a little Q&A about the book.