Hey, it’s National Book Lovers Day! Yay!
Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- 10 Ways To Celebrate National Book Lovers Day — HuffPo has a decent (starter) list of ways to commemorate. You could also give books to your favorite book blogger — or me.
- Lev Grossman’s The Magician’s Land came out this week. If you’re as excited as I am about the last volume in this series, a few things to read while you wait to get your hands on it:
- A Brief Interview With Lev Grossman
- Ok, Ok, I Believe in Magic: On Learning To Love Lev Grossman’s Trilogy — I couldn’t read all of Preeti Chiibber’s review, because he started to get more detailed than I wanted. But I liked what I read, and will come back to this before the end of next week.
- The Magician’s Land: Why Lev Grossman’s Trilogy is My Fillory — Nicole Dieker gets a little more detailed than I’d prefer, but what she said was so, so good. About The Magicians and fantasy in general.
- How Rainbow Rowell Turned A Bomb Into A Best-Selling Novel — a great — and very revealing — profile of Rowell
- How Strong Is Your Reading Addiction? — won’t tell you my score, but . . . it could’ve, technically, been higher
- Patrick Rothfuss’ review of Coraline — One could seriously have a great time just reading Rothfuss’ goodreads reviews. This Coraline review posted this week is a good example why.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- The Magician’s Land by Lev Grossman — did I mention that I was excited about it?
- Paw and Order by Spencer Quinn — I had one complaint about the last one in this series, I fully expect that this one will do better on that point.
- Revenant by Kat Richardson — The release of the ninth (and final) Greywalker book is great reminder that I need to read #3.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot by David Shafer — this one looks pretty darn good.