It was the last week of the month, so things are skimpy (thanks, publishers!). Still, there were a few odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- 13 Things Librarians Won’t Tell You (But Every Reader Needs to Know) — from Reader’s Digest, some fun items here.
- The Secret of Nigerian Book Sales — Oddly enough, I’ve never given any thought to Nigerian Book Sales. Probably won’t again. But this is worth a read.
- 11 Simple Reasons The Print Book Doomsayers Are Wrong — at some point, we’re going to stop reading these Print vs. Ebook things, right?
- The Shadow Knows — Vigilantes — from the Superhero to the amateur sleuth and all points in between. Why do we read them? Just part of the focus on shadows over at Mysteristas this month.
- Storyteller of the Gods — Publisher’s Weekly posted this nice profile of Rick Riordan on the eve of his new series.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- The Aeronaut’s Windlass by Jim Butcher — really, with this published on Tuesday, does anything else I have to say this week matter? Really enjoying this one so far…