Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Why Book Clubs Matter in the Age of Tablets — I’m way too introverted to take part in one, but Book Clubs sound pretty cool.
- Then again…How to Start a Parent-Child Book Club
- A Message to Students: Don’t Forget Reading Is Fun — I’m making my kids read this (irony alert), you should, too
- The Sad, Strange Histories of Some of the Most Famous Kids in Literature — learned a thing or three here.
- Breaking up with books is so very hard to do for those who are avid readers — yup
- A Literary Drinking Game — I think some of these could literally kill you.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- Rise the Dark by Michael Koryta — Koryta’s fantastic and the predecessor to this blew me away, this is going to rock.
- Dead to Rites by Ari Marmell — 1930’s Urban Fantasy — just a fun series
- The Eternity Fund by Liz Monument — something a little “out there” even by Fahrenheit’s standards
- Invasive by Chuck Wendig — techno-ish thriller that sounds like it could be an episode of Fringe, but stranger.