Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- I’ve decided to tell you guys a story about piracy. — Maggie Stiefvater tells a story about the impact of ebook piracy. This post is a keeper, one to throw at all the people you know who are far too comfortable violating copyright laws.
- Myke Cole on Siege Line and Wrapping up the Reawakening Trilogy — Unbound Worlds talks to Myke Cole about his new book and what’s to come.
- …and B&N has a little to say about the book: Myke Cole Builds a Genre of His Own in Siege Line
- Lin-Manuel Miranda on Adapting The Kingkiller Chronicles, How It Inspired Moana, and the Lady Lackless Song He Wrote
- Speaking of Rothfuss: Patrick Rothfuss’ Kingkiller Three – A New Update! — blah
- and continuing the theme: 20 Patrick Rothfuss Quotes From Kingkiller Chronicles And More
- that’s a pretty thematically-oriented list, isn’t it?
- A Book-ish Related Podcast Episode you might want to give a listen:
- Craig Johnson on Author Stories Podcast — Johnson talks about The Western Star, the TV show, writing and the future.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- Siege Line by Myke Cole — you may have surmised from the above, that Cole’s new book is out. This is the third in the prequel Reawakening trilogy, and should be a blast.
- Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly — Bosch is back, with a new case and a blast from the past.
Lastly, I’d like to say hi and welcome to Simple Ula for following the blog this week.