When I posted Thursday about my lack of posting this week, I wasn’t sure what else to say, but for those who are curious about distractions of this past week —read this from my other blog.
Meanwhile, here are the odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- ‘Women are better writers than men’: novelist John Boyne sets the record straight — I think there are many problems with this, but it’s still nice to see as an alternative to things written saying the opposite (equally problematic).
- Why Write Fiction in 2017? — Interesting (but as problematic as the above).
- The Craft of Fiction: Lee Child and Andy Martin in Conversation — A fun, if long, chat between the two.
- Where do you write? — this video clocks in at less than 3 minutes. Nice to put a face to some names if nothing else.
- This Delightful Letter Shows Conan Doyle’s True Feelings Toward Sherlock Holmes headline says it all.
- How Indie Presses Are Elevating the Publishing World
- Elon Musk’s Mars-Bound Tesla Roadster to Carry Towel and “Don’t Panic” Sign — Hitchhiker’s Guide in space. How fitting is that?
- Ready Player One Author Ernie Cline Confirms He’s Writing A Sequel — I’d prefer he play in another sandbox, but I’ll read this with pleasure.