Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- “…the alphabet now ends at Y” — Sue Grafton’s daughter broke the news to her fans that Grafton died this week, a heckuva shock, a heckuva loss.
- Naturally, tributes to Grafton have started appearing — and will continue to do so. Few will be as good as Brad Parks’ was.
- The Wingfeather Saga Short Film — I’ve read the first half of these books (it’s only because I didn’t have money at the time that I didn’t finish it), and it’s delightful. This animated short is almost as good.
- In Praise of Rereading — I’m doing better at this, but not as good as I used to be.
- Just Trust Me: In Praise Of Strange Books
- Raymond Chandler’s 10 Tips For Writing a Detective Novel — By and large, these still apply (and I wish more people wrote like this)
- 15 New Year’s Resolutions for Book Lovers — there’s some fun items here
- A Book-ish Related Podcast Episode you might want to give a listen:
- The Liars Club Oddcast # 048 — The Liars Club interview Robert Crais about his background and career.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- The Wanted by Robert Crais — the newest Elvis Cole novel is out! Which I clearly dug.
- Operation: Endgame by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris — the final adventure in the rollicking Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences series. Gonna miss this one.
Lastly, I’d like to say hi and welcome to netbij (but, dude, that website is impossible to read).