Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Books for Boys and Books for Girls: Problems with Gendered Reading — I can’t agree with everything here, but it’s worth the time.
- Tumblr chooses Rainbow Rowell’s ‘Fangirl’ as first official book club selection — Not sure I care that Tumblr has themselves a book club (other than my general pro-book club stance), but really like the idea that Rowell’s getting this kind of exposure
- Author Terri Bruce stops publisher selling error-strewn books — Good for her!! Also, good that she didn’t get physically violent over this 🙂
- Ten Things That Drive Books Crazy — good for a laugh or two
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell — Rowell’s taken a firm hold on my “read ASAP” list with her first two books, really looking forward to this one
- Robert B. Parker’s Damned if You Do by Michael Brandman — 5 years ago, if you’d told me I’d be apprehensive about opening a new Jesse Stone, I’d have looked at you like you were crazy. Yet here we are. Still, Paradise, MA calls, and I answer.
- The Sound and the Furry by Spencer Quinn — I litterally hopped in my chair a little bit when I realized this book was released this week. This is going to be fun!