Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- How To Drink Like Dorothy Parker — I’m a sucker for a Dorothy Parker article. And, I’m pretty sure I’m not up to drinking like her.
- Why Fun Matters — Rachel Bach (see below) talks about reading for fun (what a concept!)
- Daily On Set Journal — Michael Connelly’s documenting the process of filming the Bosch pilot.
- GIFs, memes and liveblogs: The controversial new language of book reviewing — Laura Miller talks about the new style of pop book reviewing in the age of Goodreads, blogs and tumblr. Interesting read.
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- Fortune’s Pawn by Rachel Bach — can always use a good SF read
- Katya’s War by Jonathan L. Howard — I thought the first volume in this series was good read, in an interesting SF world. Looking forward to seeing where he goes with this