Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye — skimpy list this week, but what’re you gonna do? You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Why reading with your kids is more important now than ever — Kate DiCamillo has some really good insights here (and some less-good ones).
- No, you can’t borrow that book, and no, I don’t want to borrow yours either. — I’m more willing to borrow/lend than Mr. Clark is — but I get his thinking.
- Homage to George Orwell: BBC statue wins planning permission
- Lauren Graham reveals Talking As Fast As I Can book cover — not really sure why I’m including this, but I only had 3 items on the list, so might as well (and yeah, going to read the thing — her semi-autobiographical novel was pretty good, this probably will be, too).
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- How to Party With an Infant by Kaui Hart Hemmings — a new book from The Descendants‘s author
- I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but apparently it was released this week. Whoops. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff — after The Lotus War I’ve gotta give whatever he puts out a shot. Doesn’t hurt that this looks really good.
- Killer Instincts by Linden Chase — a creepy looking mystery from Fahrenheit Press