Odds ‘n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye — fair warning, these are basically all about things I fanboy over. You’ve probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Teaser Trailer for Plague of Giants — Audiobook narrator extraordinaire Luke Daniels cut together a teaser trailer for the upcoming Kevin Hearne epic fantasy.
- An Addictive Author — Lawrence De Maria has discovered Nero Wolfe and, as all right thinking people do, has become a fan. I loved reading this.
- https://www.eater.com/2017/8/31/16216310/20th-century-detectives-food — Speaking of Wolfe, here’s a very intriguing look at what his food obsession (and that of Wimsey and Poirot) say about the character
- A Journalist at Heart — an interview with Michael Connelly by Alafair Burke (who knows a thing or two about writing mysteries)
- 15 Things You Might Not Know About Dorothy Parker — blah
- This Week’s New Releases I’m Excited About and/or You’ll Probably See Here Soon:
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo — after the splash the movie made this summer, it’s no surprise that this book is showing up everywhere on all my social media feeds. Oh, and the book looks good, too.
- Kiss The Devil Goodnight by Jonathan Woods — the latest from Fahrenheit Press. I’m not going to even try to say anything about it until it gets read. Just click the link in the title there.